SOFT COMPUTING & MACHINE LEARNING (SCML 2018)
5th Feb.2018-9th Feb. 2018
Objectives: The current trend in technology is to integrate intelligent attributes in the existing systems so as to improve their performance and make them autonomous. Both Machine learning and Soft Computing have become integral part of intelligent systems and have already been used to solve a wide range of problems both from science and technology. The objective of this course is to introduce the participants with the basic concepts, emerging trends and applications of neural networks, fuzzy logic, evolutionary computing and machine learning concepts with particular focus on supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- To help the participants understand the key techniques under the umbrella of soft computing such as Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic & Evolutionary Algorithms.
- To gain an understanding of machine learning algorithms and its application in Information Retrieval & Text Mining.
- Imparting skills for application of these techniques in solving real world problems.
- Hands-on experience on different softwares for implementation of machine learning algorithms such as R, Python, Rapidminer and MATLAB.
- Interaction with experienced faculty from IITs, NITs & ISI.
- Neural networks
- Evolutionary Algorithms
- Fuzzy Sets & Rough Sets
- Basic concepts & examples of machine learning techniques
- Classification & Clustering Algorithms
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Extreme learning machines
- Bayesian networks
- Deep learning & Convolution Neural networks
- Application of Machine Learning(ML) in Information Retrieval (IR) & Text Mining
- Soft Computing Algorithms for Big Data handling
Dr. Aruna Tiwari IIT, Indore
Dr. Ashish Ghosh ISI, Kolkata
Dr. Kadambari NIT, Warangal
Dr. T.B. Vijay JNU, New Delhi
Dr. Saakshi Babbar New Delhi
Dr. Atul Gupta IIITDM, Jabalpur
Faculty from MANIT, Bhopal
Who can attend:
The training program is open to faculty, Research Scholars and PG Students from colleges/universities and industry professionals.
Research Scholars & Students Rs. 1500/-
Faculty Rs. 2500/-
Industry Professionals Rs. 5000/-
Registration fee may be sent as Demand Draft in favor of Director, MANIT Bhopal payable at SBI, MANIT, Bhopal by 30th January 2018. Online payment can also be made to the account. Account No. 10020150107 IFSC Code: SBIN0001608
How to Apply:
1. Make payment
2. Send duly filled registration form along with DD or NEFT receipt to Dr. Sweta Jain, Department of CSE , MANIT, Bhopal.
Limited accommodation for the participants shall be arranged at VIP guest house of MANIT, Bhopal or nearby hotels on payment basis and first come first serve.
Address For Correspondence Department of Computer Science & Engg. Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal 462003.
Ph.No. +91-9753300054, +91-9826293396 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. SanaAkbar (+91- 8982613330)
Mr. Mahesh Gour (+91 – 9981769545)
About the City & Institute:
Bhopal is the capital of Madhya Pradesh and well known worldwide as The City of Lakes. The institute is located at a distance of around seven kilometers from Bhopal railway station and fifteen kilometers from Airport. Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT) is an Institute of National Importance. Presently, along with about 200 faculty members and 4000 students, the institute is successfully meeting the objective of producing professionally qualified manpower of the highest quality to cope up with challenges of ever evolving industrial needs of the country. The institute currently runs 13 UG and 20 PG courses and research programs leading to PhD.