Advanced Data Mining Algorithms and their Scalability for Big Data
January 2-7, 2017
Hall-3 CC Lab
- Registration Fee (Participants from Academia): Rs 2000/- (course material + lunch inclusive)
- Fee for Participants from Industry will be based on the level of course.
- Accomodation Charges(if needed): Rs 2000/- (including breakfast + dinner)
- Participants will be receiving "Certificate of Participation" at the end of the programme
- The demand draft of requisite fee in favor of “IIITDMJ-E&ICT ACADEMY” payable at Jabalpur. Registration fee can also be paid to account No. 50302042708 (Allahabad Bank, Mehgawan, IIITDM Branch, IFSC Code: ALLA0212433) by CASH/NET BANKING/NEFT.
Overview: This course aims to introduce advanced data mining algorithms to students who have some knowledge about basic data mining algorithms. Advanced classification and clustering algorithms are presented and analyzed. The data type of graphs is introduced and various mining tasks with graph data are presented and analyzed. Scalability of some data mining algorithms and some graph processing algorithms using the MapReduce paradigm for Hadoop environments is presented and analyzed.
Objectives: The main objectives of this course are to impart knowledge and understanding of the following topics to the participants:
- Advanced concepts of classification algorithms using the ideas of perceptrons and support vector machines.
- Hierarchical clustering algorithms and density based clustering algorithms.
- Map-Reduce based algorithmic formulations for association rule mining, decision tree induction, and graph processing.
Every session will be followed by lab and practice assignments. Kindly visit course webpage for detailed course contents.
Prof. Raj Bhatnagar Detailed CV
|Raj K Bhatnagar|
Professor of Computer Science
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computing Systems
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
+1 (513) 556-4932
Mr. Yogendra Singh
IT & System Administrator
Dr. Pritee Khanna
Associate Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
phone: +91761 2794222 (O), +919425324241 (M)
For course related queries kindly write to:
The Course Coordinators
Data Mining Algorithms and their Scalability for Big Data